Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Mini Report On Toucans

Toucans 

Introduction
In this blog you will learn about what toucans eat, how tall they are, their weight and much more. Hopefully you will learn something new or 5 things new. You never know.

Appearance and classification
They can grow up to 25 inches tall. Toucans can weigh up to 620g. The Toucan has many different colors like yellow, orange and more. Their skin  covering has got black feathers all around their body but on the neck it is white or yellow.  

Habitat
They live in Southern Mexico, Central America, South America and Northern Argentina. The Toucans are being affected by climate change because people are destroying their habitat. Toucans make their homes in whole trees. They live in pairs or small flocks.  

Enemies
Their enemies are Forest Eagles, Hawks, Owls, Boas, Jaguars and Margays. To protect them they depend on the really loud voices to scare whomever is hunting them or trying to catch them . Their bills are useless to them, in fact the bills just attract humans. 

Diet
Toucans use their beaks to pluck and peel the fruit that they eat. They are omnivores. They eat insects, small reptiles, fruit and other birds eggs.

Fun facts
Since the 1960's, Toucan Sam, a cartoon mascot, has been used as the face of Kellogg's breakfast cereal Fruit Loops.
They live up to 20 years. 

What did you learn?


1 comment:

  1. Hi Molly
    You have shown that you have done a lot of research on toucans. I really enjoyed your fun facts as well. I did not know that their bills don't really serve a purpose seems such a shame when they are so big! What did you find the most interesting fact about them?
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post