Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Cookies

I have made cookie instructions so that you have something fun to do. Hope you enjoy.




Just imagine you were stuck at home nothing to do and you want something yum to eat. Pause sorry but before you take a million years to decide I have got the perfect solution. You could... Bake your own cookies. If you do not know how to bake cookies don't worry because never fear I am hear to teach you how to do it!!!    

Listed Bellow are the ingredients. ( you will need an oven, baking paper and a couple of trays )

  •  1 1/4 Plain flour
  • 1/2  teaspoon of baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon of salt
  • 125g butter at room temp ( cubed ) 
  • 3/4 cup of firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence or paste 
  • 1 large free-rang egg  at room temp
  • 1 cup of chocolate chips
( I normally double the mix )

Baking time. 


  • Preheat the oven to 200c regular bake. Get your trays and put the baking paper so it covers the hole tray.


  • Sift the flour backing soda and salt into a bowl. Stir with the whisk to combined In another bowl beat butter brown sugar and vanilla essence until very well combined. Add the egg and beat till well mixed.


  • Add the dry ingredients and the chocolate chips to the cream mixture. Mix well with a wooden spoon to combined.
  • Put heat tablespoons of the mix on the prepared baking tray about 5 cm apart. ( these cookies do spread.)
  • Bake for about 8-10 mins. If you are doubling the mix and using 2 trays around halfway through to ensure even cooking
  • Once they are done cool the cookies for about 5 mins
Now you should have very good baked cookies. I am interested to know if you baked these and what your thoughts are?  



3 comments:

  1. They sound great Molly - what a great idea to share a recipe. Baking is a fun thing to do and such a good idea for people stuck at home.!

    Have you made these since you have been home in lockdown?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Molly
    Yum - this sounds like a great recipe. I find any cookies made with brown sugar are always a little softy and chewy - yum! Also, a recipe at this time is a great thing to post. I just might have to try these and if I do, I will let you know.

    What else do you like to bake? I have made bread and cupcakes since we have been on lockdown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Molly!!
    Great recipe you have there. I love baking too! I have made anzac biscuts and I am definatly going to try this recipe you have posted. Can't wait to find out how the cookies turn out!!!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post