Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Australia Day!!

Australia Day
Australia Day is on January the 26th. It is Australia National day. It marks the arrival of the first fleet of British ships at Sydney cove. 

From January the 26th 1926 it was called Australia Day in all states and territories. It is a day to think about how much people love Australia and all the people that live in Australia to come together and praise. 

In different parts of Australia people celebrate it differently. For example Sydney has boat races including fairy races and tall boat races. Adelaide celebrates with fireworks, Parade, concert and a  cricket match. Australian citizenship ceremonies are usually held on Australia Day.

They have a lot of decorations for their country's day. In Australia if you go into the mall it will be crazy with decorations for Australia Day. The decorations are based on their flag. Their flag has the Southern cross on it. It is similar to the New Zealand flag. Except it has white stars and it has one extra star. That extra star is for the states and territories.

My family sometimes goes to Australia to celebrate Australia day with my family in Australia. If we cannot go to Australia then we will celebrate it in New Zealand. 

Did you learn something new?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Molly
    Great information report on Australia Day! I didn't realise it wasn't until 1926 that they commemorated Australia Day in all states. If you are in New Zealand for Australia day how do you celebrate it?
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once we went to a fair and a pool

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post