Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

What is in the bag?

For math we had to play what is in the bag.  This is how you play:
Write down 2 colours on 6 pieces of paper.  You could do 5 of one colour and 1 of another colour or 2 and 4 or even 3 or 3. Then what you do is you put them in a bag and go to someone and start pulling them out and tell them what the color is. Then keep doing that until you want to stop then ask them what color do you think is less or more or is it even?

I played with my brother Joe Joe. We played 2 games. On the first one the 2 colors were pink and red. there were 2 pink and 4 red. There were a lot of pinks pulled out but after 4 pinks the red started to show up. Joe Joe guessed pink  but he was wrong. We played again but with different colours yellow and green. I tried to trick him by doing 2 greens and 4 yellows again but it didn't work because he won.

Why don't you try play the game at your house.   

2 comments:

  1. Hi Molly
    Great description of your maths game. I will try this with my children as well. I wonder you could try using two numbers instead of colours as well?
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this blog post Molly. It was a great start to probability. I'm glad to hear Joe Joe got involved and that you had him guessing....go you!!! What other games are you familiar with that involve predictions? guessing?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post