Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2019

The Earth Needs To Be Clean!

The Earth Needs To Be Clean! 

This week  Mr Andrews came to tell us how they help the Earth. Mr Andrews job is to work at a cafe that is in a place where we watch the cricket, rugby and stuff like that. At the cafe they used to sell those plastic cups that you can only use 1 time, but then they looked out on the fields and they saw all those plastic cups on the ground. ( those cups tack 500 years to go in the ground ) So they decided to make a cup that you could could reuse at least 1000 times.  When they are at the end of there lives, they will melt them and turn them into Coffee cup holders.  If the people want straws, they are made from a plant but I forgot what It was called. How do you help the involvement? 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Molly
    I really enjoyed listening to Mr Andrews talk to us, too. I think that it is great that they were able to get rid of all single use plastic items at his work. Wouldn't it be great if al companies did this!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post