Pages

Monday, November 11, 2019

Why are red and green traditional

Why are red and green traditional Christmas colours?


Have you ever wondered why red and green are
traditional Christmas colours. 


What do you think of Christmas? Some people think it
is a time of coming together with your family. Some
people might think that it is all about the brightness
or the presets. The people that are Christians might
celebrate the birth of Jesus. Just think if you were
making a Christmas card for someone what colors
would you use the most? RED AND GREEN you
guessed it. For many years, red and green have been
traditional Christmas colours. But why? 


I know that Christmas trees are green, Santa's suit
is red and Rudolph's nose is red.To find out why, we
have to go much further back in time.

Nobody knows for certain why and how red and green
became so closely associated  with Christmas. The
Christians believe that red and green were inspired
by the life of Jesus. Green represents eternal life of
Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post