Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Poems

There are many types of poems for example Acrostic poem, Haiku poem and Rhyming poem. 

This is a Haiku poem

Autumn
5 Leaves fall from the trees  
7 Winter is a jump ahead
5 Frost begins to come

A Haiku poem is a short poem consisting of 3 lines.  The first line has 5 syllables, the 2nd line has 7 syllables and the third line has 5 syllables.

This is an example of an Acrostic poem

Amazing colors 
Under foot will be a lot of leaves
Time for the leaves to fall off trees
Usually the leaves turn a different color
Moon comes out earlier
Now it is time to prepare for winter 

This is an example of a rhyming poem

The cat is fat
The cat is on the mat 
The cat is Lazy
The cat is Crazy

What poem did you like the best?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post